• Economic growth will lead to renewed demand for power
• A diverse supply of energy sources, including coal, has served us well in the past and will be equally important in the future
• We need to drive energy efficiency to the extent practicable
• We need to be able to utilize coal-fired energy generation
• The new wave of EPA regulations, especially the EGU MACT rules, will force power companies to retire many of their older, coal-fired plants.
• This initiative will affect struggling regions of the country, such as Michigan and the Midwest more severely than other regions that rely less on coal-fired generation.
• It is imperative that Congress be mindful of and cushion the impact on customers in these regions while maintaining progress in the effort to make the generation of electricity cleaner for generations to come.
Click here to take action now!